World’s most powerful bitcoin miner, yet smaller than many portable boom-boxes The Antminer S9 follows the same form factor as that of the hugely popular Antminer S7 and is nearly the same size. Yet it has more than thrice the power and twice the efficiency of the S7.
The BM1387 ASIC Chip. The world’s first bitcoin mining ASIC based on the 16nm process node.
- Hash Rate: 11.5TH/s, 12.5TH/s, 13TH/s, 13.5TH/s & 14TH/s, depending on batch. Variation of ±5% is expected
- Power Consumption: 1127W (11.5TH/s batch), 1225W (12.5TH/s batch), 1274W (13TH/s batch), 1323W (13.5TH/s batch), 1372W (14TH/s batch) (at the wall, with Bitmain’s APW3 PSU,93% efficiency, 25°C ambient temp). Expected discrepancy of +10%
- Power Efficiency: 0.098 J/GH +10% at the wall (with Bitmain’s APW3 PSU, 93% efficiency, 25°C ambient temp)
- Rated Voltage: 11.60 ~13.00V
- Chip quantity per unit: 189x BM1387
- Dimensions: 350mm(L) x 135mm(W) x 158mm(H)
- Cooling: 2x 12038 fans; Front fan: 6000rpm, Rear fan: 4300rpm
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 40°C
- Network Connection: Ethernet
- Frequency: Automatically set
Bitmain’s BM1387 chip is built using TSMC’s 16nm FinFET technology and, delivering a record-breaking 0.098 J/GHs, is the world’s most efficient bitcoin mining chip in the consumer market.
Each Antminer S9 employs 189 such chips to deliver more hashrate and efficiency than any bitcoin miner ever made.